Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Re: [TOWWFFC] Ratings, Morale Hit An All-Time Low In TNA

 

TNA is a second rate show. And as long as they let it be run by people like Hogan and Bischoff it will continue to be second rate. They are old school and have no clue about what wrestling fans want nowadays.

________________________________
From: FondyMark <fondy54935@gmail.com>
To: TheOriginalWWFFanClub <TheOriginalWWFFanClub@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 7:56:54 PM
Subject: [TOWWFFC] Ratings, Morale Hit An All-Time Low In TNA

WNW Insider - Ratings, Morale Hit An All-Time Low In TNA
Written by Richard Gray on Apr 28, 2010 - 3:35:56 PM

Things in TNA Wrestling have hit a new low. Monday night's edition of Impact
did the lowest rating the series has ever done, scoring only a 0.5 cable
rating with only 739,000 viewers on Spike TV. The show aired from tape and
was up against WWE head-to-head in the 8-10 PM timeslot.

WWE didn't do astronomical numbers by any means. Raw featuring the 2010 WWE
Draft did a 2.6 for the first hour and 3.27 in the second hour. Cutting
their show off head-to-head with TNA they would have done a 2.95 cable
rating. When their third hour is factored in which did a 3.34 they did a 3.1
cable rating with an average of 4,628,000 viewers. Evaluating the numbers in
Raw's normal timeslot they did a 3.31 cable rating.

Morale in TNA is also very low with an increasing amount of frustration over
the Knockout division. Taylor Wilde and ODB recently publically called out
the company and now Tara is calling them out upon leaving. Tara had this to
say about TNA in a blog penned today on her MySpace page:

It appears that I'm winding down at TNA. Unfortunately some organizations
"leak" information to wrestling websites to put their spin on a situation,
to make sure they come out in the best light. Not me. I'm gonna say it. I'm
gonna put my name on it. And I'm going to stand behind it.

I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me. I
was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved. But I wanted to show I was
still at the top of my game. Now my contract is up in May. I want a modest
pay increase. They don't want to pay me what I think is fair. I have no
problem going my own way.

But about 12 hours after the conversation where we didn't agree on pay,
unnamed sources claim that I am hard to work with and that I don't give my
best effort. My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to
re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women's
division around me. And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live
events, that I always give 100%. I take pride in that. Smearing me on the
way out the door is an act of second rate character.

To be fair, viewers will have a chance to see this week's edition of TNA
Impact again tomorrow night in the 9-11 PM timeslot on Spike TV. However,
TNA is on the opposite end of things in comparison to where they were at the
beginning of the year.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/tna-news/wnw-insider-ratings-morale-at-an-all-time-low-in-tna.php

------------------------------------

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
<*> For all off topic discussions please use WWERHC: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WWERawHeatClub
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment