Monday, December 13, 2010

Re: [Peckers_Pics] VITAMIN D



Hey Josh
 
There is also a patch instead of the cream. It's the same stuff but a heck of lot easer to use.


From: josh kristian <metsomeoneandnowyouhowitfeels@gmail.com>
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, December 13, 2010 8:29:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] VITAMIN D

 


Gary, everything you said is what my doctor told me.  I had some pain, numbness, and sometimes tingling in my feet.  First, my doctor ordered a bone density test, then told me "you have osteoporosis, so  you need to use Androgel  (testosterone delivered in a slimy KY format  that you rub daily on your belly or upper arms, and finally  -- a prescription for Vitamin D. 

Okay, everyone in my family has osteoporosis -- my mother, my brother, my father, etc. 

But here's the warning -- this is what my doctor didn't tell me about Androgel:  it can dangerously affect your PSA levels.  PSA levels are an indicator, along with a digital test, for prostate cancer risks.

My PSA level doubled during the 8 months I have been using Androgel.   In the past my PSA levels have been very low.  My urologist was really concerned, told me to quit using Androgel, and has called me back for interim PSA tests.

So beware of prescriptions for minimizing osteoporosis.  I'd like to hear more about the Vitamin D cure because everyone in my family has been prescribed Vit D.

Jay

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Gary Watson <bgrmedem@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Hi
I was told my D levels were almost too low to measure. My Doctor wants me to take 9000 units of D per day. One thing they are not telling men is that if you have low testoserone levels, you will have low D levels and you will have weak bones and trouble healing. It is also an indicator of HIV.


From: JAMES DARK <txbdybldr@yahoo.com>
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, December 12, 2010 8:20:13 PM
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] VITAMIN D

 

I have been told by doctors of late that they are really checking VITAMIN D levels.  One thing that doctors are noticing that "restless leg syndrome" is due to VITAMIN D deficiency.  Even though, some are eating the right foods that contain VITAMIN D, they are showing to be deficient. 
 
At my reacent doctors visit, she informed me that she was checking everyone.
 
Thanks -
 
James





--
josh in  nyc & virginia, usa




__._,_.___


All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group.  Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another.  However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group.  Therefore, please accept your invitation to join. 

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!
 

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)






Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment