Friday, January 14, 2011

Re: [Peckers_Pics] ReTeenagae son bullied



It really caught my eye whenI saw your name! My name is Thomas Cummings and I havea similar story! I was raised in the Protestant church, sang in all the plays that were put on, usually a solo, then as I got older, my parents divorced and I started to rebel. Our pastor threatened to have me sent to a camp he knew of. I never went to church again until I met my partner I spent 11yrs with! He was catholic, I hated the catholic church! We were  invited to a friends Episcopalian Church for Friends Day and started going to that church regularly. My  partner and myself became Sunday School  teachers and the whole congregation knewwe were gay and knew we were together! They are so excepting of everyone!

--- On Fri, 1/14/11, Thomas Collins <trc1500@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Thomas Collins <trc1500@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] ReTeenagae son bullied
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, January 14, 2011, 5:09 PM

 

In 2003, I left the Roman Catholic Church, after being amember for twenty years, serving all that time as a paid employee and ear ning a master degree from the University of Dallas (R.C).  I left over their poisitions on LGBT persons and their accuations toward th whole of the gay US clergy after the scand;als broke. I joined the Episcopal, where right s of LGBT persons are cherished and upheld.  I will keep this pre cious you ng man and his family in my thoughts and prayers.  Let us all do the same.,  Tom C




__._,_.___


All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group.  Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another.  However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group.  Therefore, please accept your invitation to join. 

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!
 

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)






Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment