Saturday, December 4, 2010

[Peckers_Pics] exercising advice for an old gay man?

Hi All,

Years ago I developed some lower back pain that runs down the back of my right leg. I'm told it's caused my pressure on the sciatic nerve in my spine usually due to a bulging disc. I suffered with this condition for many years and after researching back surgery and learning that it had a less than 50% chance of success, and lots of time off work for recovery, I opted to have an "experimental" procedure called a percutaneous discectomy (p.d.). The procedure was successful and the pain went almost virtually away. Now I've put on weight and let myself go (was told the Dr. that a "gut" will greatly increase the problem of sciatic pain and I should keep my core muscles (abs) in shape) and the pain is back with a vengeance.

So, I started using "The Wheel" for abs exercises, doing crunches, leg lifts, and swimming laps at the pool. These exercises began back in July and now it's December. At first the pain increased and I began to worry that I was going to become incapacitated! Now it's slowly beginning to get better. However the pain is still almost unbearable each night when I go to bed. I think my muscles and spine are slowly stretching out to relax the pressure on the nerve.

My question is, would any one out there with similar issues, who has tried something that has helped, mind sharing with me?

Thanks!

wellwater2k@gmail.com
Mike in Vernal, UT

------------------------------------

All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group. Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another. However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group. Therefore, please accept your invitation to join.

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!

"Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges."

...Jake (Moderator)


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Peckers_Pics-digest@yahoogroups.com
Peckers_Pics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Peckers_Pics-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment