Friday, August 6, 2010

[TOWWFFC] Ex-WWF/E Ring Announcer Claims "Wrestler's Rescue" Did Crap!

 

Note before I post this. The guy mentioned in this news piece, Michael Porter, contacted me personally during my recent columns about this debacle. He's a good man & supported what I wrote about. If any of you want to know the man he has a Facebook page, say the word & I'll post the link.

Source: WrestlingNewsWorld.com

"Michael Porter, former WWF/E ring announcer and current radio show host, joined the fellows of Hit the Ropes Radio to discuss, in detail, the whole Dawn Marie embezzlement scandal. Porter was supposedly helped by Marie's Wrestler's Rescue organization but Porter says nothing of the sort happened.

Along with Porter, Vinny the Guido (the man who first broke the news about the scandal on HTR two months ago) and Paula Jo Brown (friend of Porter's and radio show host) also were on the air.

The reason why he (Porter) required the assistance of Wrestler's Rescue is due to medical bills piling up after having some surgery on his leg. There were some things that Medi-Cal (California's version of Medicaid) didn't cover and Porter had to pay out of pocket.

Porter on problems with medical bill and paying rent

In one month alone I had to pay over $600 in medication. And in doing that, I got behind on my rent. Try as I may to get caught up, it just fell further and further behind because they wanted the money for the medication and the landlord wanted the money for the rent...Through Paula Jo, who's also on the line, Paula got in touch with Dawn Marie eventually about possibly helping me out with rent so I wouldn't lose my apartment up in Marysville...They said they would help. I never received any help. I eventually got the eviction notice.

From what I understand, Dawn Marie stated that she did help me but I never received a dime from her or Wrestler's Rescue.

Paula Jo on talking to Dawn about helping Michael Porter

I told her I want to do something for Michael Porter. I said I want to do some kind of fundraiser for him to see if I can help him out in this situation with his rent because he's fixing to lose his home. Her exact words to me were ‘Wrestler's Rescue and myself do the auction for Michael because it is not medically related.' Because at the time it wasn't; it was the rent issue. But she said, "I can facilitate an auction for you if you do all the leg work, contact everybody, get all the donations, have them sent here Attention: Dawn Marie for Michael Porter... I probably called close to150-200 people and I'd say 90-95% of them had agreed to help out...She swears up and down, to this very day, that she has not received anything but a couple signed 8x10s.

Vinny on Dawn lacking proof of helping others

She has no proof of her helping "Dr. Death" Steve Williams. There's no proof of her helping Michael Porter. And she's now promising help to the Albanos and they have yet to receive anything.

Porter on what he would say to Dawn if she were listening to the show

I would say, Dawn, I'm hurt, I'm disappointed, but I'm sure one day I'll be able to forgive what happened.

The guests also mention how Dawn Marie gave money to Terri Runnels to fly to the UK to see a sick fan."

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
<*> For all off topic discussions please use WWERHC: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WWERawHeatClub
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment