Saturday, November 20, 2010

Re: [Peckers_Pics] OFFLINE COMMENT

But Jake (and far be it from me to be a Republican apologist) wasn't it the Log
Cabin republicans who filed suit and had DADT repealed if only temporarily?
No Dems did any such thing. The republicans are guilty of many things but give
credit where credit is due; its only far.
Henry.

Moderator: And the log cabin republicans gave us something more dangerous, "a US Supreme Court" that ruled against them. If this is dealt in the courts it will never be dealt by congress. Meanwhile democratic LGBT community is involved with other lawsuits; but they know that fighting Gay marriage and DADT in the court can force a conservative/republican US Supreme Court to set permanet law against the LGBT community.

Also, i ran several articles of this lawsuit that mentioned the Log Cabin republicans. B the way, Log Cabin republicans are not even recognized by the republican party. Did you know that? I simply post the articles. i do not comment on them. ....jake


________________________________
From: tom s <tompa1970@yahoo.com>
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, November 20, 2010 10:48:42 PM
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] OFFLINE COMMENT

 
Jake, 
I'm not sure if you mean to, but your comments come across very attacking and
honestly, I did not mean to start attack on anyone.  All I was interested in
doing was helping you realize that there are gay Republicans and that we do have
a different opinion.  I respect what you have to say and what you do.  I have
tried to express that several times in my emails.
However, I do not have the emotional strength to be attacked while I"m trying to
foster respect between both sides.  And I definitely don't like to do it
publicly.
If you choose to remove me from your lists, I understand that decision.  But it
was never my intention to attack anyone or upset anyone.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous messages and for all the
work that you do.
Tom

Moderator: But, this group does not cater to gay republicans, as the republican
party is anti-gay in all offical voting in washington. Please read our groups
description. Further, why are their gay republicans when the republican party
voted against the hate crime bill. Why are you republican when republican party
voted against equal pay for wome? Why are you republican when the republican
party is against overturning DADT? Perhaps, you should become democratic.iF
REPUBLICANS WANTED A CONSITITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT TO BLOCK GAY MARRIAGE, THAN THE
REPUBLICAN PARTY IS NOT FOR ME. Thank God, Jews did not have become
gay-nazi's!!!!! ...jake

--- On Sat, 11/20/10, Jake <jakewest_tn@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jake <jakewest_tn@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] Re: Personal Comments
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 10:31 PM

 

Moderator: oh really? Democratics were the key ally to bailouts under

George Bush. And that was towards the end of his administration.

Democratics always supported his miliary and war spending (even though i

do not). . If Bush disagreed with democratics, he simply vetoed the

bill. Yes, Bush vetoed the hate crime law.

I do not recall any policians statign that Bush is not their president.

However, was he properperly elected? well unlike Pres. Obama, Bush was

not. But, like you said, oh i can say why; but it would take so

long.......

You are against Obama's agenda? but pray for him? that sounds like

rubbish to me. What is his agenda? Just say it for us, cause we have no

idea what you are speaking of. Are you speaking of his agenda that

gave us healthcare by private insurers regardless of preexisting

illness? Are you against the agenda that he prevented the 2nd great

depression. Are YOU AGAINST HIS AGeNDA THAT prevented the US

auto-industry from failing (and we are getting every penny back and

more)? Are you against hsi agenda that signed the hate crime Bill into

law?

So what is this mysterious agenda that you are

""""""""""""alluding""""""""""""""""" too? What is the agenda?

...jake

--- In Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com, tom s <tompa1970@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Jake,

> A couple of comments about your comments...

> 1. Â You say that "Democratics supported George W Bush". Â

ummm... I'm not sure where you were for the 8 years that President Bush

was in office, but most of it was pretty acrimonious. Â Except for

the period directly following 9/11, the Democrats HATED President Bush.

 I can't count the number of times I heard, "He's not my President"

or "He's a war criminal" Â or "He's a traitor and a liar". Â Â

> Now, let me say this pretty loud and clear. Â I called Democrats on

it when they did, just as I call Republicans on it when they do it for

President Obama. Â I don't support President Obama's agenda, but I do

support him. Â I pray for him daily and I do not allow anyone to run

him down in my presence. Â In fact, I have even lost friends due to

it. Â I refuse to allow it.

> 2. Â Each side says that we should be "Country First, party second"

when they're trying to get people to agree with their agenda. Â

Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to forget what it's like to be in

minority once you get into power.

> 3. Â For the record, I am opposed to Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Â

And honestly, a lot of my friends who are in the military don't really

care either. Â As one friend of mine said, "I know who he's sleeping

with every night and I know that he's faithful. Â Why should I worry?

 Gay ain't catchable."

> 4. Â For the record, I am for gay "marriage", but in a very strange

way. Â It's way too long to go into here though.

> 5. Â And I do agree, this is Jake's sandbox. Â He can run it

anyway that he wants to. Â He professes that he wants us to

contribute and that's what I was trying to do. Â Believe it or not,

there are a LOT of gay and bi Republicans. Â Probably more than you

might know. Â

> Just some food for thought.

>

>

> --- On Sat, 11/20/10, tom s tompa1970@... wrote:

>

> From: tom s tompa1970@...

> Subject: [Peckers_Pics] Person Comments

> To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com

> Date: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 7:59 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Dear Jake and everybody,

>

> I would like to express a growing concern and frustration that I have.

 I have chosen to join several of Jakes yahoo groups for 2 reasons.

 The first, of course, are the hot pics.  And the second? Â

for the health and fitness tips that they profess to give.

>

> However, I have frequently found the text, which is supposed to be

about health and wellness, disintegrating into anti-Republican rants.

 Just as not all Democrats are evil, neither are all Republicans.

>

> I have friends who are on both sides of political realm and tend to be

a bridge between the two groups. Â I'm a Libertarian by nature,

smaller government, more personal liberty and personal responsibility.

>

> The anger and bitterness between the two sides has really gotten to me

this year and I'm just sick of both sides treating the other side as if

they are idiots and stupid. Â BOTH sides have valid points and BOTH

sides have invalid points. Â

>

> Until each side learns to respect the other, WE, as a country, will go

nowhere.

>

> e pluribus unum.

>

> Sincerely, Tom

>

>

>

> Moderator: Thank you Tom. But, I take issue with some of your notions.

I am a supporter and friend of Megan McCain. Even invited her to my

home. In the Obama group i made clear that I like the idea of

individuals who support gay rights taking over both parties. But, find

me a handful of Republican politicians that will vote to end DADT. Right

now, it is difficult to find "one." Even more outrageous and they admit

it, by saying NO they hope to defeat Obama. Democratics supported George

W Bush. Now it is time for Republicans to support Pres. Obama. It is

suppose to be "country 1st" and "party 2nd.". What happened? Aren't you

a-shamed of not finding republicans who will vote to end DADT? Enough is

enough!!! If you believe I am unfair, I apologize. But, my notion is

that we are a democracy. If republicans do not support my democratic

rights, than they are my enemy and i shall do my best to defeat the

republicans for voting against me. In

> every single state; whereas, they have a republican gov and the

legislature voted to support gay marriage, the govenor vetoed it. What

happened to Democracy? Want the hate to end? Than CALL and write the

republicans and tell them to vote yes on ending DADT. Than we can talk

further. Further, anyone with HIV is automatically turned down for

private health care insurance. The new insurance law changes it. Now

republicans want to take away insurance on individuals with HIV and

pre-exisisting illness? Sorry, I will not stand for it. Hell no, I will

not change my mind. If anything, i will become more bitter. Country will

go no where when you have a "Party of NO." Period!!!...jake

>

------------------------------------

All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group. Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another. However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group. Therefore, please accept your invitation to join.

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Peckers_Pics-digest@yahoogroups.com
Peckers_Pics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Peckers_Pics-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment