Saturday, November 20, 2010

Re: [Peckers_Pics] Person Comments



Per Michael Moore, if 14 million young people would have paid attention Nov 2 we wouldn't be looking at a house full of reactionaries.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.


From: Sir Sir <yoursirtoserve@yahoo.com>
Sender: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:52:57 -0800 (PST)
To: <Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Person Comments

 

I have not paid a great deal of attention to political parties until the campaign of 2008. I have generally voted independent and certainly not a party line. The last couple of years have been a real eye-opener. How can Any politician vote against equal pay for women or anybody else. Even as Federal judges rule the unconstitutionality of DADT, they absolutely defy belief by their opposition to equal rights for everyone. I will no longer be complacent. I will do all within my power to shine the light on these politicians and get them out of office. Join me.

--- On Sat, 11/20/10, barzanwormhole@yahoo.com <barzanwormhole@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: barzanwormhole@yahoo.com <barzanwormhole@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Person Comments
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 8:33 PM

 
Not one single Republican voted to support equal pay for Women. They want to make the middle class pay so that the rich can have tax breaks. They don't believe that health care is a right for the sick turned down by the private insurance companies. They are the party of No Way unless u are rich.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

From: tom s <tompa1970@yahoo.com>
Sender: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 04:59:44 -0800 (PST)
To: <Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] Person Comments

 
Dear Jake and everybody,
I would like to express a growing concern and frustration that I have.  I have chosen to join several of Jakes yahoo groups for 2 reasons.  The first, of course, are the hot pics.  And the second?  for the health and fitness tips that they profess to give.
However, I have frequently found the text, which is supposed to be about health and wellness, disintegrating into anti-Republican rants.  Just as not all Democrats are evil, neither are all Republicans.
I have friends who are on both sides of political realm and tend to be a bridge between the two groups.  I'm a Libertarian by nature, smaller government, more personal liberty and personal responsibility.
The anger and bitterness between the two sides has really gotten to me this year and I'm just sick of both sides treating the other side as if they are idiots and stupid.  BOTH sides have valid points and BOTH sides have invalid points.  
Until each side learns to respect the other, WE, as a country, will go nowhere.
e pluribus unum.
Sincerely, Tom

Moderator: Thank you Tom. But, I take issue with some of your notions. I am a supporter and friend of Megan McCain. Even invited her to my home. In the Obama group i made clear that I like the idea of individuals who support gay rights taking over both parties. But, find me a handful of Republican politicians that will vote to end DADT. Right now, it is difficult to find "one." Even more outrageous and they admit it, by saying NO they hope to defeat Obama. Democratics supported George W Bush. Now it is time for Republicans to support Pres. Obama. It is suppose to be "country 1st" and "party 2nd.". What happened? Aren't you a-shamed of not finding republicans who will vote to end DADT? Enough is enough!!! If you believe I am unfair, I apologize. But, my notion is that we are a democracy. If republicans do not support my democratic rights, than they are my enemy and i shall do my best to defeat the republicans for voting against me. In every single state; whereas, they have a republican gov and the legislature voted to support gay marriage, the govenor vetoed it. What happened to Democracy? Want the hate to end? Than CALL and write the republicans and tell them to vote yes on ending DADT. Than we can talk further. Further, anyone with HIV is automatically turned down for private health care insurance. The new insurance law changes it. Now republicans want to take away insurance on individuals with HIV and pre-exisisting illness? Sorry, I will not stand for it. Hell no, I will not change my mind. If anything, i will become more bitter. Country will go no where when you have a "Party of NO." Period!!!...jake




__._,_.___


All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group.  Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another.  However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group.  Therefore, please accept your invitation to join. 

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!
 

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)






Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment