Monday, May 28, 2012

Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS Harvard Says, "Eat Red Meat and Die!"

I really like the fear tactic used in this article (NOT). We have, as a nation, become so fearful of everything, water, meat, veggies, you name it and there is a fear generator somewhere. We go to extremes. Butter is bad, butter is good, eggs are bad, eggs are good, wine is bad, wine is good.

I have never been a big red meat eater. Preferring mostly chicken, turkey and on occasion fish and shellfish. Always have grown my own veggies to the best of my ability. Rarely eat heavy sauces, rarely drink, Almost always have a salad with my meals, lots of greens, few grains, restricted breads, when I do eat bread it is generally a combination of unbleached white, whole wheat and spelt flour made with no fat organic powdered milk, canolla or coconut oil,  purified water, barley malt and on rare occasion some dried fruit. Overall it is supposed to be a rather healthy life style. Not into the heavy exercise but on average manage to range from 2 miles a day at 16 minutes a mile and on some days up to 14 miles depending on my work load.

I still ended up with cancer.  None of us come out of this life alive, use sensible moderation in all things including moderation.
Howard Cowdrick



On May 28, 2012, at 12:01 AM, Mike wrote:



Jake likes it! 

So he told me to post a link to my article that details why Harvard University found that eating red meat increased your risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease and a shorter lifespan...

...and what you can do about it.


Best regards,
Michael Mooney
www.michaelmooney.net - Progressive Nutritional Information
http://www.facebook.com/michaelkevinmooney

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of  truth." Albert Eistein

 



No comments:

Post a Comment