Monday, June 13, 2011

Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS What do fully hetero people really believe about us?

Dear Jake
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the muddled air is now cleared and breathable. :) that shows that the best intentions can still lead to issues.
What college did you go to here? I work at the Maudsley Hosp in London. :)
All clear now, so we get on with enjoying your posts. I will be more circumspect and clearer in the future to try n avoid any such misunderstanding.
Cheers
Ralph

Moderator: Great. Sending you email of my education (privately)...jake
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: ralph costa <ralph_alu@yahoo.com>
Sender: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:13:57
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com<Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS What do fully hetero people really believe about us?

Dear moderator
I am a 34 year old guy from London, Indian, doctor; and I apologize if I made you feel I am stalking you. I had replied directly to Markie, as some members did not want this discussion on this forum. 
I had replied to the Tchaikowsy article and I am glad at least brbrbear got me right. I was wondering if my email had been totally worded wrongly. 
I now would like to make it clear that nowhere did I comment on the moderator or Jake in this (peckers_pics) group. I even re-posted the original email from Doug to the website to clear my stand; but unfortunately, there seems to be even more misunderstanding. 
I had written a comment on the site which Doug has posted about and had said that let us see what the moderator of (the site which Doug had posted about) has the guts to post or not. 
I would like to draw your attention to the other post before which is below, along with my earlier explanation which was posted on the site. 
I feel I should leave the group now. I am not happy with the fact that I am not able to air my views here about a homophobic comment on another site. 
Regards
Ralph Costa


Moderator: OK; now understand: This was the comment: "I agree, Doug; and I have left a comment on the said article. It&#39;s waiting
to be moderated, so let&#39;s see if the moderator there has the guts to publish my comments in full."

When refering to moderator i thought you were refering to our group. Another member attempted to clarify your remarkls as well. I still didn't get it. I believe we have total misunderstanding. I apologize for thinking you were refering to me. Always give detailed info of what moderator, what site , when posting. Thankyou and please continue mto be a member. I went to medical school in the UK, and now feel ridiculous. ......jake


=========================================

Dear Jake and Marki

I am re-posting the original post I saw on Peckers_Pics to which I had replied and the comment I had posted was on the site Doug has posted below. Kindly could all take my earlier comments in context of this post? 
Like I said, I have only admiration for Jake and I did not comment on him or his abilities to moderate at all. If I have offended anyone here, I am more than willing to leave the group. 
Regards
R

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Doug Boden <dougie9boy@yahoo.com>
To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 11 June 2011, 13:47
Subject: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS What do fully hetero people really believe about us?


 
Hi All,

I'm really mad about something I just read on the net.

It was written recently this year about Tchaikovsky and his music, but the subject doesn't matter here, where are his brains when he writes:

Tchaikovsky was very weak and sentimental from his childhood. Which lead him to become homosexual.

I have to add that the article is in badly written English and I suspect it's not the writer's first language, and I don't think he is trying to offend, only explain his understanding of the man............................??

It shows a scary ignorance of why people find themselves to be gay. How many more are so ill informed?

I just had to let off steam about this to somebody at once and this seemed the best place.

The article is at:-
http://americanmusichist.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/late-romantic-era-1850-1900/

Doug


________________________________
From: Home <brbrbear@gmail.com>
To: "Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com" <Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com" <Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 13 June 2011, 9:30
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS What do fully hetero people really believe about us?


 
At the risk of upsetting SirSir (can this be handled privately) after he asked for Pride info from the group which for goodness sake could've been googled faster ....

Jake & Marki -- from my reading Mr Acosta was referring to his leaving challenges to the Tchaikovsky listing -- on that badly researched & homophobic music site. I think he was saying, THAT site is moderated & he hope THAT moderator will have the courage to post his remarks challenging the homophobia & erroneous bio.

I don't think he was Growling about Jake or any missed message in this group but rather stating he took up Jake's charge for action! This is a very important group -- it's gotten many of us to fight for our rights (thereby saving lives) & to be healthier (thereby saving our own). I think the gent (Acosta) was reporting the former.

Best & thank you for everything!

Moderator: YOu know what, that person never posted nor sent any other response, other than the 1 other members response (fifferent email address, unless they are both the same person (one profile of older man in australia and one other profile of younger in UK). Go Figure! I love opinions. I ask for opinions. "If jake has the guts" comment - sounds like i do not want opinions. That is BS! A member passed a article on a composer that upset him. The member sent it to the group. The member did so upon my request. We wanted members to go over the article and comment on it's ridiculous assumptions. Yes, we wanted to hear criticism. So why would i nopt want to post such criticism? It is BS, I never declined such a message. Nopr do i have to have anyone questioning if i have the balls, etc... Again, sucxh a notion is BS and is generated by aperson who either does not like me, or is stalking me on the net under different names, becuas ehe hates
our black president. Mnay of you have no idea the threats to the group. Yes the article is homophobic and it upset the person who sent us the article. So I am so confused, as i see no message, nor turned down any message from person who claims if i have the balls..... ....jake
PS. notice that the trouble maker who is still a mmember has not sent apology or message: his name ralph costa. with all the BS he caused, he needs to answer me. Otherwise,as moderator i am forced to remove bogus members causing trouble on purpose. Perhaps he sent that to a member privately and accidently sent it to the group. Interesting! A group of haters that are afraid to come out. lolololol

On Jun 12, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Sir Sir <yoursirtoserve@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> Do we have to have this kind of thing posted to the group? Can't it be done privately. I seek pease. not stress!
>
>
> --- On Sun, 6/12/11, ralph costa <ralph_alu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> From: ralph costa <ralph_alu@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS What do fully hetero people really believe about us?
> To: Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 6:13 PM
>
>
> I agree, Doug; and I have left a comment on the said article. It&#39;s waiting to be moderated, so let&#39;s see if the moderator there has the guts to publish my comments in full.
>
> Moderator: Huh? Why would i be offended and not allow your remarks? But, I read your 1st message 1st and approved it. Now i read this message. ummmm. If i read this 1st, i would send it back and request apology before i approved the original message. how dare you act like i am some uneducated breeder who sits on here full time with nothing to do. I did work today saving a person's life. Are you for real? ...jake
>


------------------------------------

All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group. Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another. However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group. Therefore, please accept your invitation to join.

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peckers_Pics/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Peckers_Pics-digest@yahoogroups.com
Peckers_Pics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Peckers_Pics-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment