Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fw: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS No hate intended



Hey there jake, Please repost this message that you just Approved. I wrote the message in a larger font and used color To make it easier to read. Because others were copied, It took all of the font and color away, Making it harder to read. Original message below. Thanks, Marki




Sent from "Marki's" Android O.S. 2.4 LG Optimus (Smartphone).



From: Mark Tillman <zebopride@yahoo.com>;
To: Peckers_Pics Yahoo Group <Peckers_Pics@yahoogroups.com>;
Bcc: AllM4M Yahoo Group <allmen4men@yahoogroups.com>; Thomas Cell <tmsibley@verizon.net>; ObamaBiden 2008 Yahoo Group <ObamaBiden2008@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: Re: [Peckers_Pics] Male/Gay Health-Discussion-PICS No hate intended
Sent: Fri, Jun 3, 2011 4:00:38 AM

Good evening everyone! :) I want to first start by agreeing with every single point mentioned by Jake and Warren, written in response to Rick's follow-up message today regarding not hating women but instead the feminist movement itself. I want to first applaud Rick for having the courage to at least post how he felt, after being somewhat attacked after posting his first message regarding this issue. I know that I was 1 of the harshest critics of your original post.

That said, most of everything I was planning on writing in response to your second message, has basically been covered by Jake and Warren. I do however, have a few comments for thought...

In your message today you clarified your definition of what you hate/dislike, to be the "feminist movement" rather than women in general. I was still a little unclear as to exactly what you meant? Were you speaking of gay women or straight women or the "feminist movement" of both? I bring this up because it makes a difference in a way. Let me clarify...to me there is no difference because the "feminist movement", as you refer to it, was and is today made up of both lesbian and straight women?!

I'm not sure of your age, which may have something to do with your inner feelings regarding feminists?! The "feminist movement" that most people think of, happened decades ago. Although, at that time, there may have been some women that participated in the popular "feminist movement", who did participate because of deep seeded hatred of men in general! However, the "feminist movement" of that time was about an array of discriminatory issues regarding women. I strongly suggest and recommend for you to research the original "feminist movement" and it's various calls for change. If you do not already know what and why those calls for change were really about, I think you'll find it very informative!

On a side note, as this relates to the gay community and brings me back to my first question of, whom were you directing your distaste for within the "feminist movement"....lesbian's, straight women, or both? I could be wrong but I have a sense that you have more of an issue with lesbians of an older age, so to speak, that still show their contempt for men, especially gay men, by their outspokeness and usually outward appearance. What one might call a "butch" lesbian, speaking crudely and stereotypically.

At one time, although decades ago now, but at the same time not so long ago, lesbians and gay men did NOT get along and intermingle, for the most part! Historically speaking, there were specific reasons for the disconnect. Again, I recommend looking up the issue to get a better understanding of, "The reasoning behind the two group's disdain for each other at the time", and how in some circles it still exists today, just in a lesser form and not as common, Thank God! It's also important to remember that gay men were just as harsh towards lesbians at that time! Can you imagine what it would be like today, trying to fight for civil liberties for "our community", had lesbians and gay men NOT come together at some point as a "friendly, collective group and community" that for the most part we see today?!

If my assumption is correct as I mentioned at the beginning, I can personally relate in a certain way. I'm 38 years old, completed medical school 11 years ago, grew up in Belgium until my junior year of high school and have had the privilege of viewing and participating in the gay community, across Europe and here in the United States. Even though I was an American growing up in Europe, where most of society is much more liberal minded in general than here in America, I remember having a hard time with transgender individuals and their inclusion with the gay community. I trace it back to my very religious and conservative upbringing by my father that I feared, as he retired as a 3 star General in the Air Force and being surrounded by very highly, well-known, well-connected, Government official's.....and Republican to boot! Even though I was surrounded by conservative individuals, to say the least, I knew inside that I didn't believe or would conform to their ideals as an adult! However, it was very rare for me to express my more liberal feelings outwardly, until I left home for University. The reason I did not initially accept transgender individuals as part of the gay community, came from my background, ignorance, fear and not understanding transgender individuals! Thankfully today, I'm more informed and desperately want inclusiveness within the gay community....."Our Community"!

I wish you the best of luck in your own development and understanding of what the gay community is really about. Thanks for reading and good luck! Marki :)

Sent from "Marki's" Android O.S. 2.4 LG Optimus (Smartphone).



__._,_.___


All members of "Peckers PICS" are requested to join our "Obama Biden 2008" group as it runs in conjunction to this group.  Both groups shall not repeat articles from one group to another.  However, to gain full knowledge of Gay rights, members must belong to the Obama group as well as this group.  Therefore, please accept your invitation to join. 

To join the Obama group please click (or copy and paste the link into your browser) @  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ObamaBiden2008/join

Thank you!
 

�Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.�

...Jake (Moderator)






Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment